Saturday
Jul072012

Daily News - 8th July 2012 - Nintendo's eShop Unification, Walking Dead FPS, Final Fantasy VII PC and More!

Nintendo Unifying eShop Accounts For Wii U

In a shockingly sensible move, Nintendo are going to be linking your 3DS and Wii U eShop profiles together, so that you can buy games for either system from either store, in a way similar Sony do with the PS3 and PSP/Vita. A Nintendo rep said the following:

"A unified account system will be implemented later this year with the launch of the Wii U. Eventually this same account system will be made compatible with Nintendo 3DS systems. At this time we have no additional details to offer and nothing to indicate how or if this will work outside the United States and Canada."

Buying stuff for the Wii was a pain in the arse, and I hear the DSi Store wasn't much better, so it's encouraging to see a move like this from Nintendo, though we need to see more coming to the Wii U to make people happy, I'd wager.

The current eShop is far from Nintendo's greatest achievement.

The Walking Dead First Person Shooter In Development By Activision

In a move that will cause rolling eyes and tuts across the world, Activision are making themselves a juicy cash-cow in the form of a Walking Dead FPS. We don't know much right now except that it'll be out in 2013 for all the platforms, and that it will be based on the show's universe and follow some characters from the show. The game will centre around show fan-favourite Daryl and his mega-racist brother Merle as they male their way to Atlanta from Georgia. You'll have the option of either shooting zombies or stealthing your way past them and you'll meet ther character along the way who with either help you or screw you over. It doesn't sound too bad on paper, but the game is being developed by Terminal Reality, who have previously worked on such turd-fests as Ghostbusters: The Video Game  and, oh dear, Star Wars Kinect. Keep your hopes low folks. Super low.

Definitely the best character from the show. Could be interesting.... But will almost definitely also be terrible.

Final Fantasy 7 For The PC Is A Thing That's Happening

Apparently 'Coming Soon' to a PC near you will be a port of the classic Playstation 1 game Final Fantasy VII! Remaining largely unchanged since 1997. The game will require you to have XP or higher and will have basically no hardware requirments, so it's going to be easy for everyone everywhere to play. The game will feature achievements, cloud (haha) saves and, more importantly, something called character boosters, which will let you increase your HP, MP or Gil to their maximum at the push of a button. The additions actually make this an enticing prospect! Much moreso than a straight-up port. good qork square! Now get it here soon...

Revisiting Midgar will be bittersweet I'm sure, but infinite Gil? That'll be fun!

And Finally...

Minecraft Version 1.3 Will Come Out 1st August

The update will add things like writable books, traps and more multiplayer/single player crossover.

Pokemon Black and White 2 Sell 2 Million Units In 2 Weeks

True, those new Pokeon suck, but Japan loves them anyway!

Minecraft Game Of Thrones is pretty sick.