Tuesday
Oct042011

Daily News - 4th September 2011 - Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer and The End Of Assassin's Creed

Mass Effect 3 Looks Extremely Likely To Have Multiplayer

A while back speculation started about a multiplayer Mass Effect game after a joblisting for a 'Multiplayer programmer (Mass Effect Franchise)' popped up online, infact, tonnes of people thought the original teaser image for Mass Effect 3 was actually for a multiplayer shooter set in the Mass Effect universe. While it's been a long time since then, fresh evidence seemed to point to a multiplayer mode in Mass Effect today when a leaflet for the game turned up for a South African retailer listing, amongst other bonuses inside the collector's edition, an "online multiplayer pass". It's possible it's just a loose translation for the Cerberus Network activation code, a feature which was also in Mass Effect 2, but I think it's more than probable we'll be effecting mass around our enemies over the intenet some time in the future.

Intergalactic badass Shepard looking to "pwn" some "noobs" in the near future

Desmond's Assassin's Creed Story Will End In 2012

Desmond, the main dude in the Assassin's Creed games, isn't gonna be around forever, although I'm sure Assassin's Creed fans already pretty much knew that, as it's laid out in the fiction of the game, but Alexandre Amacio, the Creative Lead for Assassin's Creed: Revelations confirmed it today:

"In Assassin's Creed we set up a timeline with this whole end of the world plot of December 2012. That's fast approaching, and the story we have to tell, we obviously need to do it before we arrive at that point. It would be stupid of us to be centering a game on a semi-reality and then have that conclusion happen after that date in real life. Assassin's Creed is all about cycles - we have the Ezio cycle and the Altair cycle, and both of those are set to conclude in Revelations and we have the Desmond cycle, which is set to end on December 2012. There's many cycles within the brand - that's the whole point. History is our playground."

So there you go Desmond fan. All good thing things come to an end, and so do all bad things. Either way, Desmond's toast.

very few images of him not looking terrible... this one also terrible, but whatever