Tuesday
Jun212011

Daily News - 19th and 20th June 2011 - Robin In Arkham City, Halo: Anniversary and Why Crysis 2 Is Off Steam

Robin Will Totally Be In Arkham City!!!... If you Pay Extra

I love Robin, he's far outgrown the "gay sidekick" thing uneducated people assumed he was and is, in my opinion, a cool superhero by his own merit. Remember that old adam West Batman show from the 60s? Remember how shit Batman was back then? Well think about the transformation Batman's gone through since then and then apply the same badass transformation to Robin. Yeah robin's cool. Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, down to the point; in America if you pre-order the game at Best Buy then you get Robin as a bonus, but only in challenge mode. You'll be able to download him a few weeks after the game's release though, if you can't get him through Best Buy's insidious means. No word on if we'll be getting the bonus over here, but you can bet good money on it. I'm excited!!!

BADASS!!!Halo: Anniversary Will Support, But Not Require The Kinect

According to Micrsoft the game will spice up the game but won't force you to buy a Kinect... so breathe easy! They say it will:

"Enhance game experiences in authentic and meaningful ways. The Kinect features we’re exploring with Halo: Anniversary are additive and will not affect the core gameplay experience or alter our mission of delivering a faithful recreation of the original game."

And if that wasn't enough to douse the worry-flames, a further quote from Jessica Shea (343 Community Manager) should flog the dead horse appropriately:

"The Kinect features we're exploring with Halo: Anniversary are optional and won't affect your core gameplay experience. Our mission, from day one, has been to deliver a faithful recreation of the original game, and we remain dedicated to seeing that through to completion."

Some kind of Halo screenshotDLC Distribution Behind Crysis 2's Steam Absence

So it turns out Crytek had organised for Crysis 2's DLC to be put out exclusively by a Steam competitor, and because Valve aren' stupid, they pulled Crysis 2 from the service. The weirdest thing about this to me is that Crysis 2 has been out for a while now, so I don't get how this DLC Distribution deal is only now coming to light. I guess it's not a massive deal, Crysis 2 is crap anyway but the implication for future EA titles is interesting. Battlefield 3 comes out in October, will it be on Steam? Who knows!!!

Ugh, what a fucking poo game anyway

Reader Comments (5)

What games do you actually like?
I'm a massive halo fan myself so keep the halo news coming :D
oh and keep up the good work

June 22, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterLuke D

Haha, I actually do like lots of games, honest I do, I just really don't like Halo... or Assassin's Creed.
That being said though, there's no way I won't post news about those games, because the whole point of my daily posts is to just give you the biggest stories... and ones involving those franchises always are.
Thanks for still visiting Luke, I'm doing the best I can ^^

June 22, 2011 | Registered CommenterGaZZuM

Haha cool I'm not a fan of Assassins creed either it's too repetitive, is there any news on a new fable do you know? I'll tell some friends about the site and post some stuff on facebook and what not, try and spread the word. I prefer it to IGN and other sites because its well laid out and not too complicated plus it has some humour too.

June 23, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterLuke D

Thanks man, I appreciate the help. I find it way easier to take in news stories if the layout is nice and simple, hence why I made the site very simple. there might be adverts one day, but even then I really like having a simple layout, so that's not gonna change.

As far as a new Fable goes, you may not wanna know lol. Here's the announcement they made at the Microsoft Press Conference... I warn you dude, it may disturb and upset you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8V98NnZ7tY

June 23, 2011 | Registered CommenterGaZZuM

Kinect will be the death of me, I just don't get the novelty of it. Ah well I've got two new halos and minecraft to look forward to. Is Kinect going to be a necessity to play Minecraft? If it is I'm just gonna have to throw my xbox out the window and buy a PS3.

June 23, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterLuke D