Friday
Jun242011

Daily News - 23rd June 2011 - Skyrim, Valve On Wii U, Final Fantasy 7 & 8 and Team Fortress 2 Is Now Free!!!

The New Elder Scrolls Will Come With A Map!!!

So nowadays, you might see that headline and think "Ooh, a whole new area of the game world to explore!" but as it tirns out, Bethesda are taking it old school and actually releasing a physical map of the gameworld along with preorders of the game. I love stuff like this, Just Cause 2 came with a cool map and so did Civ V, and they're both awesome, so there you go, undeniable proof that Skyrim will be good. Breathe a sigh of relief, Bethesda!

To be fair, I thought the game look amazing even before this map news came out...

Valve See Wii U As A Good Potential Platform For Valve Games

Gabe Newell (Valve's main man) recently said a few words about Nintendo's next console, and the possibility of Valve games on the Wii U:

"Wii U seems to be a lot more powerful than the previous generation. It sort of fits better into the scalability in terms of graphics performance and CPU performance, so I think it'll be a lot easier for us to fit into our scalability model."

Sounds like a thumbs up for the Wii U! Pretty big deal, to my knowledge there has never been a Valve game on any Nintendo console, so people at Nintendo are probably doing cartwheelsat this news. The list of third parties that intend to make games for Wii U seems to be on the way to including absolutely every game developer in the business, and Valve are a pretty difficult developer to get on board, so this bodes very well for Nintendo fans. So basically, expect Half Life 2: Episode 3 at Wii U's launch and you'll be extremely disappointed.

Kill Headcrabs with a stylus!!!

Final Fantasy 7 & 8 Are On Steam... You Just Can't Buy, Download Or Play Them

Some online folk discovered today that stored somewhere in Steam's cloud are full copies of the PC ports of FF7 and FF8. What's more, they found that the files had been updated, although not since early 2010. It suggests pretty hard that they were gonna release the games on Steam and that they had been working towards getting the game to run smoother on PCs (as the current PC versions don't run well on newer operating systems). I dunno about you, but I would totally download FF7 and 8 if I could!

Ahh Cloud, nobody likes you

Also....

Team Fortress 2 Is Now Free Forever!

This news came to my attention mere minutes after I updated the site but yeah, expect the game to be free in a matter of hours. Now I'm not a massive fan of the game but this is still awesome news! Here, this PCGamer article (which I was pointed to) has a bit more information.

PCGamer - BREAKING: Team Fortress 2 Is Now Free To Play "Forever"

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!