Saturday
Sep242011

Daily News - 22nd and 23rd September 2011 - DOTA 2, Diablo III, Battledfield 3 and Enslaved

DOTA 2 Coming Soon, Unifinshed But Coming

So Valve's original plan with DOTA 2 was to have a looooooong closed beta and then release the game sometime in the next year when it's ready and bug-free, but that plan has changed now, and definitely for the better. The plan now is to just release the game in it's current state and slowly make the necessary improvements to the game over time. There will be an invite-only period at first but hopefully that won't last too long. Being a League Of Legends fan I'm eager to play DOTA 2 for myself, and see what all the fuss is.

Won't be long now until you can use swirly water dog to beat firey hair lady

Diablo III Release Window Confirmed?

If you were wondering when you were going to get to own Diablo III for yourself, then apparently it's going to be with you in early 2012, about 6 months away! Now obviously this is Blizzard, so take it with a grain of salt, especially as Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said the following:

"With every game we make, the temptation is always very strong to launch as soon as possible. However, we didn't put so many years of work into Diablo III to release a game that was almost ready"

So there you, hardly iron-clad, but it's something, I guess...

I love a short wait! Which is why me and Blizzard have such complicated relationship

PS3 To Get Battlefield 3 DLC First

The war between Xbox and PS3 to get DLC first has been going on for a while, mostly centring around the various Call Of Dutys, and always with Xbox getting the DLC first, so Playstation have rather sneakily poached Battlefield 3 DLC so that PS3 owners will get it before Xbox owners. Granted, it's only a week before, but it's better than nothing... probably.

Blowing shit up looks goooooooood

Enslaved Sequel Will Almost Definitely Never Happen

Enslaved was quite a big surprise last year, it came out of nowhere and made alot of shortlists for game of the year, so it's kind of a downer to hear no sequel is planned, and probably never will be. Apparently hardly anyone bought the game, which is admittedly a shame but can happen with such niche titles. I guess this is one of those things you chalk up as our fault. Damn us consumers!

Poor Enslaved, it didn't deserve this