Tuesday
Sep272011

Daily News - 26th September 2011 - Old Republic, Dead Island and Crysis

Star Wars: The Old Republic Will Come Out This Year... Just

I don't personally see the point in this, but Bioware have revealed the long-awaited release date of Star Wars: The Old Republic, and it will be with us on December 22nd. 3 days before Christmas! Isn't that great news? No, I don't think so either. I can't really fathom the logic that goes into releasing a game a week before the year ends. The game will have a pretty typical subscription fee (about £15 a month) with discounts available if you pay for a few months in advance. It's not exciting but it's news!

That's alotta Sith!

Dead Island Film Rights Acquired

Since that initial trailer there has been somewhat of a bidding war in Hollywood for the rights to making a film based on it. Well yesterday Lionsgate, who have such horror films as Saw and Hostel under their belt, emerged the victors of the battle for the rights to the film, with Lionsgate's Joe Drake stating that:

“Like the hundreds of journalists and millions of fans who were so passionate and vocal about the Dead Island trailer, we too were awestruck. This is exactly the type of property we’re looking to adapt at Lionsgate: it’s sophisticated, edgy, and a true elevation of a genre that we know and love. It also has built in brand recognition around the world, and franchise potential.”

So there we go, expect a terrible film called Dead Island some time in the future!

Crysis Comes To Consoles In 2 Weeks!

The legendary PC powerhouse Crysis is totally coming to a home console near you on October 4th (Provided you own a PS3 or Xbox360)! You'll be able to get the game for 1600 Microsoft Points, which comes to about £15.

Will it look as good on consoles? I guess... no.