Friday
Apr202012

Daily News - 20th April 2012 - Trailer For New God Of War Game, Prey 2 Not Cancelled, Diablo 3 Beta Weekend and More!

God Of War Prequel Is A Thing That's Happening

Last week we got teased with possible announcement of a new God Of War game, and while not God Of War 4 like people may have been hoping, what we're getting instead is a prequel to the series. Announced yesterday after the trailer got leaked, the game will follow Kratos before he got involved with all this daft god murdering business. The trailer is embedded below, though admittedly it doesn't show much.

Prey 2 Just Delayed, Not Cancelled After All

Phew! Looks like it was premature of the gaming community to deduce that Prey 2 was canned (though, in our defence, in this medium any game can get cancelled at basically any point), turns out the game is just going to be delayed. We don't know when the game's going to come out, but it definitely won't be 2012, according to bethesda's official blog:

Development of Prey 2 has not been cancelled but the game will not be released in 2012 as planned. The delay is due to the fact that game development has not progressed satisfactorily this past year, and the game does not currently meet our quality standards. Prey 2 has shown great promise and we regret disappointing our fans. We have made a substantial investment in game development to deliver the experience fans want. We are determined only to release the AAA game that fans rightfully expect, and are unwilling to compromise our quality standards to meet a release schedule.

No matter which way you slice it this is good news. A space bounty hunter game, with parkour elements is a concept I can get fully behind... and fully intend to when it (finally) comes out.

Sexy alien (what I can only assume is a) prostitute? Check. That's me happy!

Diablo 3 Open Beta Weekend Has Started

Well, there goes my weekend. Diablo 3, after accidently activating it earlier in the week, have officially kicked off their Beta Weekend today, and it should be ready for you to participate in now. All you need is a Battlenet account and to click this link and download the Beta client. Have a fun weekend of loot-grabbing, power-levelling fun!

Hacking both sides of someone's head with axes, simultaneously? ...Seems reasonable enough.

And finally...

Sony Working On Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Problem

Hopefully PS3 owners will be participating in the weekend events soon.

Halo Movie Cancelled

Apparently Microsoft are demanding too much profit from the eventual movie. Bastards!

007 Legends Announced

The game will encompass the plots of 6 Bond films! Sounds like a cool idea!

Family Guy Online Gets A Beta

An online Family Guy game? I guess so! Drop by here if you're interested.

Apparently this is a screenshot of Family Guy Online??? Hell if I know! Looks terrible!

Reader Comments (1)

Diablo 3 is that very funny. Thank a lot.
June 16, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterSPOA