Tuesday
Aug212012

21st August 2012 - Diablo 3, Plants Vs Zombies 2, GTA 5 and Way More! *Updated*

It's been (mind my extreme French) CUNTING AGES since the last time I updated, and I'm sorry about that. I've been in a bit of a funk, but for some reason today I feel better and it just happens to coincide with quite a lot of news! Yay! So, FINALLY, here's some news for y'all!

Diablo 3 Getting Endgame Content After Level 60

Diablo 3 has had it's fair share of troubles, from its disasterous launch day, the game launching without its PvP mode, being sold out in shops weeks after launch and general balancement issues raised by players. The game has been patched a few times since it came out but none more game changing that the upcoming 1.0.4 patch which, it got announced, will add extra content to the game beyond reaching the level 60 cap. In a feature that is being called, for some reason, Paragon, players will continue to acrue experience past level 60, with that experience going towards Paragon levels. Paragon levels will still increase your base Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts "similar" to levelling up normally but will also give you 3% Magic and Gold Find. While it's cool to get an extra 100 levels to earn in the game, it's unbelievably condescending to call them anything other than regular levels. Pointlessly adhering to the "level 60 as level cap" rule is ridiculous, especially when you're increasing stats by the P-level. I'm all for the system, though it will undoubtedly unbalance the game beyond all recognition, I just don't see the point in acting like we're all stupid. Ugh, fuck you Blizzard... and your awesomeness. Argh! I'm so conflicted!

Levelling up = Cool, no matter how it's sold to us.

Plants Vs Zombies 2 Announced For 2013

Yay! The first PvZ was awesome, and very popular. It come out on pretty much every platform and sold very, very well on them all, so it's not terribly surprising to hear work on a sequel has started. The press release for the game doesn't give much away, other than promising new features and settings, and I'd wager a new plant or two. The press release is nice and light-hearted, featuring such uplifting quotes as this from one of the game's zombies:

"Spring is crullest curlie ungood time, and plantz grow dull roots. So, we are meating you for brainz at yore house. No worry to skedule schedlue plan… we're freee anytime. We'll find you."

Look forward to next year, if only to rekindle an old friendship with some happy sunflowers.

Don't worry, not every level of the game is this insane.

3 New GTA 5 Screenshots Released

Not much to really "report" on here, but if you wanna see some new GTA 5 screenshots (with the 2 known ones shoved in) then look no further! You'll notice a picture of a bearded guy flying a jet above an enormous city, and a guy cycling a bike who looks like he really knows what he's doing on that thing! I dunno why, but the thought of cycling a bike properly in a game like this excites me, weaving in and out of traffice, peddling like a maniac to get away from the police, being able to cut down thin alleyways at a moment's notice... I know GTA games had bikes before but they were always shit, I hope they're cool in this. Anyway, screenshots!

Playstation Vita Getting 100 PSOne Games Next Week

Playstation Vita owners must be feeling like they've been constantly kicked in the nuts for the last few months, with little-to-nothing coming out and the good things that are coming out being also available on the PS3 (Sound Shapes, we're all looking at you) but a bright light is on the horizon in the form of super-old Playstation One games! Okay, so maybe that news didn't set your world on fire, but there are some really good games available, like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 7 and Metal Gear Solid, so you know, if you own a Vita, August 28th may be a date to mark on your calendars!

Experience these wonderful graphics on your Vita's HD screen! Wowzers!

Fallout 4 Could Be Taking Place In Boston

It seems rumours have been circulating Reddit that Fallout 4 (Or whatever the next entry may be named) will be set in Boston. Following Washington in "Fallout 3", and Las Vegas in "New Vegas", Boston may not seem to follow on well in terms of recognisable place names, but then you factor in that the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is based there and it starts to make sense. According to a Reddit user:

"The rumours are true, Fallout 4 will take place in Boston. In case you haven't heard, Bethesda has recently been scoping out and researching Boston, they also have a strong connection to MIT. I may or may not be an MIT employee. But that's really all I can say for fear of losing my job. Apologies for the vagueness of this post. It's not just my job that worries me, but also getting the fuck sued out of me. Bethesda's contracts are basically full-proof so if they were to discover who I am, or rather, who I got this information from, a few people including myself could get into a lot of trouble."

I know it's hardly guaranteed at this point, but it's within the realms of feasibility for sure. Besides, at this point, I'd be willing to play Fallout: Rotheram.

This is probably closer to Rotheram modern day...

The World Ends With You Sequel Teased By Site

Truly, it is the day of sequel announcements! Well, announcement is a little bit loose, this is a teaser site with a countdown clock. The site doesn't appear to give much away on the surface, but savvy internet-goers have deduced far more from the seemingly spartan website than it intitially seems is there. Things like the website's music being a remix of a song from the game, the names of character designers from the first game are credited in this new mystery game and the URL uses the Japanese word "subaseka" which is apparently an abbreviation of "Subarashiki Kono Sekai", the game's Japanese title. I'd say we have something here my friends, something... Exciting!

Doesn't look like it gives much away right? Well, the internet begs to differ.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive Launched Today on PC, Tomorrow On Consoles

Just adding this in as a little added extra because this somehow escaped my cone of knowlege, but CS:GO is coming out on consoles? Tomorrow?!? That's messed up. It was news to me, perhaps it'll be news to you too!

Looks like they made this one nice and child-friendly.

And Finally...

Wii U Release Date To Probably Be Announced In September

Nintendo are having an event in New York on September 13th. Seems like a good place for it.

Nintendo Power Shutting Down

The magazine has been alive as long as I have. I don't feel old often, but...

Deadly Premonition Sequel Teased By Game's Creator

Apparently he's been pitching the game at Gamescom. If it means another Endurance Run then boo ya!

Deadly Premonition - An unusual game made by an unusual guy. Roll on a sequel!