Wednesday
Jan082014

'Left 4 Dead' Team Reveal Next Game: 'Evolve'

Turtle Rock Studios may not instantly ring any bells for you, probably because they haven't really released any games on their own yet. You know them better as the guys at Valve who made Left 4 Dead, a game that is possibly one of the most fun multiplayer experiences I've ever had. Well in 2009 the studio was shut down by Valve, only to be re-opened again, this time independent. It's been a while since they've done anything noteworthy (mainly because they got dropped in the shit when THQ went bust) but this month's Game Informer reveals their new project: Evolve.

The shooter will follow on in Left 4 Dead's footsteps by being very multiplayer focused, and also by the sounds of it, just as fun. The premise is simple: 4 players Vs. 1 player-controlled monster. The monster will grow in power over the course of the game as it feeds on various wildlife while the 4 players have to track and eliminate it. The players only get a handful of lives, so will have to work together, and the monster will have an objective to complete in order to win the game. The humans have 4 classes: Assault, Medic, Support and Trapper, and they'll require teamwork to be used effectively.

I'm super excited. Though we've yet to see any gameplay footage or screenshots, the concept is so incredibly good that it's hard to imagine a team with the pedigree of Turtle Rock Studios not doing it justice. So much potential it's kind of amazing. The game will be out on PS4, Xbox One and PC by the end of the year.

If the game lives up to this one image, then my god.... MY. GOD!