Check back every week for your weekly dose of banter, most of it is even about games!

 Listen to Stitcher

Click here for a complete archive of every episode!

Wednesday
Feb082017

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 109 - It's a Girl!

Could it be? A brand new voice on the podcast?! And a female voice at that?!

Yes, we're joined by podcast newcomer Maeve, who knows everything there is to know about The Sims and cooking for a family of 4 (at least that's what Rob told me.) All joking aside, don't miss the first episode with a new member of our ever-expanding, dysfunctional gaming family. And did we mention it's a she?!

Unfortunately both Dave AND Don are unavailable this week, which means we're left Ip-less, that is unless Rob can reach Don by the power of the mobile telephone. And as far as regular news goes, it's been a dry week, with scarcely a news story of interest to be found. Can we draw blood from the news stone? Most likely not.

And in What Have We Been Playing we talk about The Last Guardian, Just Cause 3, Resident Evil 5 and a Yu-Gi-Oh mobile game. If variety is the spice of life, then we're at least a mild paprika.

We're getting back into the swing of things, one week at a time!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 109 - It's a Girl!

Tuesday
Jan312017

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 108 - Phoenix Down

A few weeks after the podcast's 3rd birthday we return to layeth the smacketh down all over your candy earholes. Our collective New Year's Resolution is to get back to podcasting and to make 2017 "a biggie."

You know what it is. It's news, it's music, it's gaming deals, and it's what have we been playing. New year, but same winning formula, but with a little added Ellery this week.

In News this week we're packing in stories about Scalebound's tragic (maybe a bit strong of a word) cancellation by Microsoft, Mass Effect Andromeda has its release date and it's 2 months away, the Nintendo Switch says fuck your backwards compatability, Marvel and Square Enix are making an Avengers game, and people have been receiving Resident Evil themed penises in the post. So your typical week of news, then.

Then we're going to go back in time and look at what our games of 2016 were. We're not after a consensus, we just want to highlight the games that did it (or didn't do it) for us in the last 12 months. Final Fantasy XV, Gears of War 4, Hitman, Inside, Doom and No Man's Sky are all on our minds, but we all have entirely different games of the year!

Add to that mix the Ellery-Ip and the weekly(ish) Music Section and you've got one hell of an entertainment pancake!

Guys. We're back...

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 108 - Phoenix Down

Friday
Jul222016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Pokémon Go

Not a review, just some thoughts about the phone app that has taken the world by storm, from a lifelong Pokémon fan.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Pokémon Go

Thursday
Jul212016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Mid July Update

Gareth has a quick update for you about the status of the podcast, its potential future, and your emails.

Also it's bloody hot.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Mid July Update

Sunday
Jul102016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - 'Inside' Review

A short bonus episode of the podcast in which Gareth gives you his review of Playdead's newest game, 'Inside'.

Can the Limbo developer do it again after a 6 year break since their first release? Listen to find out.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - 'Inside' Review

Wednesday
Jun292016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - The Gamecentral Podcast Needs You!

(Edit: Slight edit so people know this is actually a podcast!)

www.GameBanter.co.uk

Twitter: @Gamebanter
Facebook Page: Gamebanter.co.uk
Email: Gazzum@gamebanter.co.uk

Or leave a comment on this podcast on the website.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - The Gamecentral Podcast Needs You!

Friday
Jun172016

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 107 - Remasterbation

It's E3! That's right, E3 has arrived and with it comes a veritable onslaught of games!

Rob, Gareth and Don will walk you through the big three events: Microsoft, Sony and The Legend of Zelda... I mean Nintendo.

Rob guides us through Microsoft's Press Conference as we talk about the likes of Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Scalebound, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, State of Decay 2, Inside, and We Happy Few. Quite an eclectic mix of games, but which member of the podcast thought literally none of them looked good?

Then it's Don's turn to (slowly) walk us through Sony's Press Conference line-up. We discuss God of War, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Resident Evil 7, Days Gone, Crash Bandicoot, and Playstation VR. We're split again with Sony's showing, but you'll have to listen to see who thought what about which.

Then it's on to Nintendo to talk about what we saw of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The open world Zelda game was shown by Nintendo through live demos and we talk about what we saw, and where we think it might lead.

We also briefly touch on Battlefield 1, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Titanfall 2, and Insomniac's Spiderman, as well as a few of the other titles dotted around the various events surrounding the big 3 press conferences.

And finally we finish up with a grand old argument between Don and Gareth about the Project Scorpio announcement by Microsoft. It's been absolutely ages since 2 podcast hosts have disagreed about something this hard, so grab some popcorn, make yourself comfortable and get your ass ready for some fireworks!

Happy E3, everybody!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 107 - Remasterbation

Sunday
Jun122016

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 106 - lEak3

T'was the podcast before E3 and all through the 'net, every good announcement was being leaked, we're willing to bet.

Yes, E3 is in just a few short days, but don't worry, if you've managed to keep your virgin eyes pure or E3 leaks then our comprehensive AND SPOILER FREE news section is for you! We'll be avoiding the herd of elephants in the room and bringing you news of Videogame Nation being cancelled by Challenge; Resident Evil 5 Remastered headed to current gen consoles for nice and cheap; Fallout 4 mods proving to be very popular on console; and Minecraft passing another sales milestone. all of that plus stories on WWE 2K17, Elite Dangerous, Star Wars Battlefront 3, Telltale's upcoming Batman adventure game, X-Com 2, Destiny, and vaginas.

Ofcourse we'd just be being mean if we neglected to bring your your weekly helpings of Hot Goss Ip and video game music, so rest assured you won't be leaving this week's podcast with an empty stomach.

Then instead of talking about what we've been playing, we devote the last section of this week's podcast to the multitude of E3 leaks. Those of you who already know about them can hear what we think about what's been announced, but those that want to avoid the E3 spoilers should stop listening before the final section. Still listen to the music though... Please... Please listen to my music segment. Please.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 106 - lEak3

Sunday
May292016

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 105 - Gladiatorcentral

Podcast, READY?

Listeners, READY?

3, 2, 1... *WHISTLE*

On this week's episode of the Gamecentral Podcast we suffer from what may be the most devastating tangent of all time, so if you were hoping to stay up to date on all the week's happenings from the world of video games, then you are in for whatever the opposite of a treat is (a trick, I suppose.)

That being said, this week involved headlines about No Man's Sky getting delayed; launch PS4's not being great for Playstation VR; Xbox's powerful competitor to Playstation Neo entitled "Scorpio"; and lots more. And ordinarily I'd tell you that the best place to hear about all that news is right here on the Gamecentral Podcast... Ordinarily...

For this week's feature we have a very special "guest." We have a "German" composer of 8-Bit "music" here to give you a taste of some of his upcoming "songs." This section definitely isn't a waste of your time.

Then, as well as your weekly Hot Goss Ip and music sections, we get onto talking about what we've been playing this past week. Fallout 4: Far Harbour, Destiny, Nuclear Throne, Everybody's Don To The Rapture, and
Trackmania Turbo are all on the menu.

We thank you for your listenership of the Gamecentral Podcast and we can only apologise for this week's episode.

...Please come back.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 105 - Gladiatorcentral

Sunday
May222016

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 104 - Lord of the Flies

Our main event this week is Rob's review of Uncharted 4, a game he was looking forward to so much that he missed the recording of last week's podcast rather than miss playing it for an hour! With anticipation through the roof, what will Rob make of Nathan Drake's final adventure?

But before we get onto that, we need to fill you in on the week's news! Disney is ceasing production of Infinity for good; the NX will apparently be like neither the WiiU or the 3DS; Mass Effect Andromeda has been delayed until 2017; and Star Trek Online is coming to consoles! All that plus news about the Overwatch Beta from last week, Modern Warfare Trilogy, Pokken Tournament, Street Fighter 5, and the upcoming slate of video game movies that we have to "look forward" to.

Then, it's not all Uncharted 4 in "What Have We Been Playing," there's also talk of Destiny, Galak-Z, Starcraft 2 and Dead Star. But let's be honest, you're only here for Rob talking about Uncharted 4.

Incidently, you may be wondering why this episode's title isn't Uncharted 4 related in any way. There's a reason for that, but to find out you'll just have to listen to this week's episode of the award-wanting Gamecentral Podcast!