Check back every week for your weekly dose of banter, most of it is even about games!

 Listen to Stitcher

Click here for a complete archive of every episode!

Saturday
Apr012017

Digitiser Podcast: Episode 112 - 01/04/1998 - Game Boy Colour

This week Dave has been scouring the high street for the latest deals on your cartridges and discs, and we talk the upcoming Game Boy Colour and its camera and printer add-ons. Will they change the world?!? We seem to think so!

And I guess hypothetically, if it were 2017, we'd talk about Mass Effect Andromeda, Evolve, Earth Defence Force for Vita, and Resident Evil 7. But that's just hypothetical.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Digitiser Podcast: Episode 112 - 01/04/1998 - Game Boy Colour

Tuesday
Mar212017

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 111 - The Breath of Kitty Powers

This week we were gifted with an exclusive review copy of the hottest, most anticipated game on the market at the moment...

Kitty Powers Matchmaker!

Hold onto your horses!

We've got news this week like always... News like the launch of Kitty Powers Matchmaker for next gen consoles!

We've got deals... Deals like Kitty Powers Matchmaker for any price!

Music... Like how the words "Kitty Powers Matchmaker" are music to my ears!

Oh, and Gareth's also played Zelda, but whatever.

Enjoy!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 111 - The Breath of Kitty Powers

Sunday
Mar052017

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 110 - Smack My Switch Up

Hey! You there! Have you heard the good word of our lord and saviour Nintendo, and his son the Switch? No? Then let us fill you in!

Yes the Switch is now out and Nintendo sent us some early hardware to give you our honest first impressions (disclaimer: No they didn't, and no we don't.)

There's still a wad of Ellery-Ip, a clump of video game music, and an ejaculation of What Have We Been Playing to sink your teeth into on this week's episode too, featuring talk of Ghost Recon Wildlands, Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause 3, Hitman, Yakuza Zero and Resident Evil 4.

See, plenty to enjoy for all you Nintendo haters out there! Though if you don't like Nintendo then please do not listen to our podcast.

The Gamecentral Podcast, sponsored by Nintendo Switch!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 110 - Smack My Switch Up

Wednesday
Feb082017

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 109 - It's a Girl!

Could it be? A brand new voice on the podcast?! And a female voice at that?!

Yes, we're joined by podcast newcomer Maeve, who knows everything there is to know about The Sims and cooking for a family of 4 (at least that's what Rob told me.) All joking aside, don't miss the first episode with a new member of our ever-expanding, dysfunctional gaming family. And did we mention it's a she?!

Unfortunately both Dave AND Don are unavailable this week, which means we're left Ip-less, that is unless Rob can reach Don by the power of the mobile telephone. And as far as regular news goes, it's been a dry week, with scarcely a news story of interest to be found. Can we draw blood from the news stone? Most likely not.

And in What Have We Been Playing we talk about The Last Guardian, Just Cause 3, Resident Evil 5 and a Yu-Gi-Oh mobile game. If variety is the spice of life, then we're at least a mild paprika.

We're getting back into the swing of things, one week at a time!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 109 - It's a Girl!

Tuesday
Jan312017

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 108 - Phoenix Down

A few weeks after the podcast's 3rd birthday we return to layeth the smacketh down all over your candy earholes. Our collective New Year's Resolution is to get back to podcasting and to make 2017 "a biggie."

You know what it is. It's news, it's music, it's gaming deals, and it's what have we been playing. New year, but same winning formula, but with a little added Ellery this week.

In News this week we're packing in stories about Scalebound's tragic (maybe a bit strong of a word) cancellation by Microsoft, Mass Effect Andromeda has its release date and it's 2 months away, the Nintendo Switch says fuck your backwards compatability, Marvel and Square Enix are making an Avengers game, and people have been receiving Resident Evil themed penises in the post. So your typical week of news, then.

Then we're going to go back in time and look at what our games of 2016 were. We're not after a consensus, we just want to highlight the games that did it (or didn't do it) for us in the last 12 months. Final Fantasy XV, Gears of War 4, Hitman, Inside, Doom and No Man's Sky are all on our minds, but we all have entirely different games of the year!

Add to that mix the Ellery-Ip and the weekly(ish) Music Section and you've got one hell of an entertainment pancake!

Guys. We're back...

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 108 - Phoenix Down

Friday
Jul222016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Pokémon Go

Not a review, just some thoughts about the phone app that has taken the world by storm, from a lifelong Pokémon fan.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Pokémon Go

Thursday
Jul212016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Mid July Update

Gareth has a quick update for you about the status of the podcast, its potential future, and your emails.

Also it's bloody hot.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - Mid July Update

Sunday
Jul102016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - 'Inside' Review

A short bonus episode of the podcast in which Gareth gives you his review of Playdead's newest game, 'Inside'.

Can the Limbo developer do it again after a 6 year break since their first release? Listen to find out.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - 'Inside' Review

Wednesday
Jun292016

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - The Gamecentral Podcast Needs You!

(Edit: Slight edit so people know this is actually a podcast!)

www.GameBanter.co.uk

Twitter: @Gamebanter
Facebook Page: Gamebanter.co.uk
Email: Gazzum@gamebanter.co.uk

Or leave a comment on this podcast on the website.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Bonus Episode - The Gamecentral Podcast Needs You!

Friday
Jun172016

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 107 - Remasterbation

It's E3! That's right, E3 has arrived and with it comes a veritable onslaught of games!

Rob, Gareth and Don will walk you through the big three events: Microsoft, Sony and The Legend of Zelda... I mean Nintendo.

Rob guides us through Microsoft's Press Conference as we talk about the likes of Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Scalebound, Dead Rising 4, Halo Wars 2, State of Decay 2, Inside, and We Happy Few. Quite an eclectic mix of games, but which member of the podcast thought literally none of them looked good?

Then it's Don's turn to (slowly) walk us through Sony's Press Conference line-up. We discuss God of War, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Detroit: Become Human, Resident Evil 7, Days Gone, Crash Bandicoot, and Playstation VR. We're split again with Sony's showing, but you'll have to listen to see who thought what about which.

Then it's on to Nintendo to talk about what we saw of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The open world Zelda game was shown by Nintendo through live demos and we talk about what we saw, and where we think it might lead.

We also briefly touch on Battlefield 1, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Titanfall 2, and Insomniac's Spiderman, as well as a few of the other titles dotted around the various events surrounding the big 3 press conferences.

And finally we finish up with a grand old argument between Don and Gareth about the Project Scorpio announcement by Microsoft. It's been absolutely ages since 2 podcast hosts have disagreed about something this hard, so grab some popcorn, make yourself comfortable and get your ass ready for some fireworks!

Happy E3, everybody!