Check back every week for your weekly dose of banter, most of it is even about games!

 Listen to Stitcher

Click here for a complete archive of every episode!

Thursday
Dec242015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 93 - Game of the Year 2015

It's been a couple of weeks since we last put out a podcast, but we return triumphantly to discuss what we think are the top games of the year!

We each have our own idea of what the best game was, but there will be no arguments here! Because we're going to let all 3 of our Games of the Year share the spotlight as we go in depth about why we love our specific picks as much as we do.

Did I say "all 3 of us?" Oh, silly me, I forgot to mention, this podcast also marks the triumphant return of one Robert Walker! It's a Christmas miracle!

2015 was great, so join us in celebrating a year in which Don wasn't able to vote for Destiny for Game of the Year, a year in which Gareth gained and lost 2 whole jobs, and a year in which Rob sexually harassed NO women live on the podcast. And it was also choc-full of great games!

Oh, and... Merry Christmas!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 93 - Game of the Year 2015

Monday
Dec072015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 92 - Solo

This week, as it's a one-man affair, we're keeping the podcast nice and simple, and within a somewhat restrained time frame... for once.

In news we cover the bigger announcements coming out of the Game Awards, including Telltale's take on Batman; Far Cry: Primal's first reveal of gameplay footage; and Psychonauts 2, amongst many other stories from the awards (including which game won Game of the Year.) There's also news of the Final Fantasy VII "remake," the remake of Resident Evil 2, Majora's Mask and Destiny.

The year is drawing to a close so we need to start deciding what is the Best __________ of the Year soon, so all through December, our music sections will be dedicated to the 4 finalists for best soundtrack. What game will this week's soundtrack belong to?

Then to round off a lean podcast, there's just time for talk of Rocket League and Tales From the Borderlands to send you home with. Start working on your 2015 game pile now guys, every day 2016 lunges closer towards us, thrusting the cold entropic crotch of time in our general direction as its enormous pendulum caresses our faces.

See you next week!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 92 - Solo

Monday
Nov302015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 91 - Phoneless

In what can only be described as "another episode of the podcast," we return to give you the low down in this week's gaming shenanigans.

In news this week we're talking about Rainbow Six: Siege's beta woes; some release dates for upcoming releases; PS4 receiving PS2 backwards compatability; News on how big Star Wars: Battlefront's launch was; and Resident Evil 6 coming to current gen consoles... which nobody wants. All this and more for those of you who've stayed away from the headlines this week.

We've got more Hot Goss Ip for you, and some fantastic music before we talk about the games that have been keeping us busy these past 7 days. Aside from the regular likes of Destiny and Fallout 4, we also talk about Guitar Hero: Live, the newest entry into the franchise. Will it measure up? Ask Guy, that's what we did.

We begin possible preparations for the return of Rob Walker to the podcast, so husbands lock up your wives... and your daughters... and probably bring the cat in the house, just to be on the safe side.

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 91 - Phoneless

Tuesday
Nov242015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 90 - Cloud-based Gaming

Remember last week when Guy Whitlock was back on the podcast for one week only, and how special of a treat that was?... Well he's back again this week. I know, not quite as exciting a 2nd time.

But oh well, we're not going to let Guy's underwhelming presence drag us down, in stead we're going to throw video games at you until you beg us to stop!

In news this week we've got the hottest stories out of last week's Nintendo Direct, including Final Fantasy VII's Cloud being in Super Smash Bros; Pokemon Picross and re-releases of Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow for the 3DS; Cloud Strife, a character from Final Fantasy VII coming to Super Smash Bros; Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD heading to the Wii U with a special Wolf Link Amiibo along side it; and also, Super Smash Bros is adding Cloud to its roster. You know, Cloud, from Final Fantasy VII.

There's also Hot Gossip for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain owners, and news about Fallout 4, Destiny, Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Naughty Dog's future plans.

Then if you haven't had your fill of hearing about Fallout 4 yet, you will after What Have We Been Playing, as Gareth and Guy have a meandering, aimless conversation the likes of which nobody has ever heard before... or ever wants to hear again.

Plus, did you guys hear that Cloud is going to be in Super Smash Bros?!

Still one Halo 5 soundtrack to give away, so get your emails in!

Get in touch with us on Twitter @Gamebanter, or send us an email at Podcast@Gamebanter.co.uk!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 90 - Cloud-based Gaming

Sunday
Nov152015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 89 - Pip Guy

Fallout 4! Did you guys know Fallout 4 is now out?! FALLOUT 4?!?

If you weren't aware, you will be by the end of this week's episode! And on top of that, we've also managed to call in the help of a Fallout super fan to aid us in the podcast this week: Gamecentral Podcast original Guy Whitlock!

But there were also video game happenings this week that weren't Fallout related, and we'll give you the low down on all of those happenings in this week's News section. We talk about the World of Warcraft movie trailer, Black Ops 3's impressive opening weekend sales figures, Nintendo's plans for all-free phone apps, and Just Cause 3 developer Avalanche talks about the game's potential multiplayer. All of that, plus GAME fucking up Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition pre-orders for everybody. So much to talk about!

Then, after a brief Fallout-themed music section, and a short little Guy Whitlock-centric feature, we finally get into talking about Fallout 4! Two of us have played the shit out of it solid for 2 days and we've got A LOT to talk about, so join us and see if you agree with what we think of the most highly anticipated game of the year: FALLOUT 4!!!

FALLLLLLLLLOUTTTTTTTTTT FOURRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Get in touch with us on Twitter @Gamebanter, or send us an email at Podcast@Gamebanter.co.uk!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 89 - Pip Guy

Sunday
Nov082015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 88 - Treat or Treat

You've finished off your Halloween chocolate, your costume is packed away ready for next year, and your sleep pattern is just returning to normal after a week or scary movies. What better time to reintroduce yourself to the world of video games!

This week's news section is absolutely massive, and includes No Man's Sky's release window; Halo 5's day one sales figures; the winners of the Golden Joystick Awards for 2015; Batman: Arkham Knight still being broken on PC; and also a little bit of bragging from Don in light of some Hot Gossip success. There's also news on Fallout 4, Destiny, Nintendo's first phone app, and oh so much more!

For our feature this week, we recorded ourselves doing a spot or trick or treating in video game land! But can you guess what video game star's house we're trick or treating at before we can? Almost certainly yes!

The in What Have We Been Playing we talk about League of Legends, Destiny and Left 4 Dead, before revealing how YOU can win a brand new copy of the Halo 5 soundtrack!

Also, stay tuned until the end for a special announcement about next week's episode... You have been warned!

Get in touch with us on Twitter @Gamebanter, or send us an email at Podcast@Gamebanter.co.uk to let us know!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 88 - Treat or Treat

Saturday
Oct312015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 87 - Halo Ween

Do you like... scary podcasts?

Happy Halloween everyone! Yes it's the scariest day of the year, which means that by default, this podcast is the SCARIEST podcast of the year!

It's been a while since the first proper episode, but Gareth and Don are here to take you through the past 3 week's worth of news and games with the level of charisma and personality you've come to expect from us.

Halo 5 is out this week and Microsoft have been talking about a possible PC port of the game; Metal Gear Solid V's day-one sales figures have been announced (and they're not bad); Arkham Knight is finally available to buy again for PC owners; and Harmonix employees have been found posting positive reviews for Rock Band 4 on Amazon. All of that plus news about Resident Evil 4 for Wii U, Shigeru Miyamoto's "Goldeneye", EA ruling out HD remakes, and an idea for the next Zelda from Don that might just blow your motherfucking mind!

Plus, loads more! 3 weeks(ish) worth of news!

After some delightful music, we move onto talking about the games that have been occupying our disk drives and and anal cavities. We've got Destiny, Journey, Serious Sam: The First Encounter HD, League of Legends, and the Star Wars Battlefront beta on our minds, and we want to tell you about them.

Have a lovely and responsible Halloween weekend, and hopefully you don't find this episode too terrifying. Too horrifying. Too... SCARY?...

BOO!

Ha! Gotcha!

Get in touch with us on Twitter @Gamebanter, or send us an email at Podcast@Gamebanter.co.uk to let us know!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 87 - Halo Ween

Sunday
Oct182015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 86 - The Music of 2015

In a special one-off episode, we take you through a journey of the best video game music to come out in 2015.

From big titles, to smaller releases, we've compiled a selection of the best music to grace your ears over the past 10 months, including: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Bloodborne, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, Elder Scrolls Online, Super Mario Maker, The Order: 1886, Dying Light and many more!

So join us for what is likely to become an annual tradition, think back to the games you've played this year, and reminisce about how great their soundtracks were. Do you disagree with the tracks we picked? Did your favourite game soundtrack not get mentioned? Be sure to let us know. There's still time left in 2015, and your favourite can still make it on the show!

Get in touch with us on Twitter @Gamebanter, or send us an email at Podcast@Gamebanter.co.uk to let us know!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 86 - The Music of 2015

Sunday
Oct042015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 85 - Refund

Some big news this week, as changes to the Consumer Rights Act mean that gamers can now claim refunds on faulty digital content as well as discs. We talk about that and what it could mean for gamers going forward before we delve into news of Konami being filthy little liars; the embarrassment that is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5; "Twitch Plays" latest big achievement; and Assassin's Creed Syndicate's shameful DLC.

But news doesn't even stop there, as we also have stories about Metal Gear Solid V, Rise of the Tomb Raider; Until Dawn, Super Smash Bros., and Mass Effect! If it happened, we've probably got it covered.

We're still on the search for applicants to Challenge Rob, but this week we've actually managed to obtain a prize to entice you! So if you feel like you have what it takes to dethrone Mr. Walker, then be sure to get in touch, because you know, we're not psychic.

And in What Have We Been Playing this week we talk Diablo 3, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, Bloodborne, and the unfortunate mainstay that is Destiny.

We've officially entered October, the scariest month of the year, so be sure to stay tuned to the Gamecentral Podcast in the coming weeks for some... surprises. Don't say we didn't warn you!

Get in touch with us on Twitter @Gamebanter, or send us an email at Podcast@Gamebanter.co.uk to get involved with the show!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 85 - Refund

Sunday
Sep272015

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 84 - Little Donkey

We're switching things up this week with a slight change of hosts, but have no fear, Gareth, Don and Rob are still a well-oiled (but slightly rusted) machine here to violently shove you through the last week of video games.

Like most weeks, this week there was some video game news. Obviously getting the most important stories out first is a priority of ours, so expect to hear about Taco Bell giveaways and Coronation Street before we bother with any of that pesky unimportant stuff like the cost of Playstation VR, or Konami getting out of the gaming business. Other news includes more Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps details, what Xbox owners will be getting for free this month, more stuff somehow getting discovered in Grand Theft Auto 5 for the first time, and more!

And before we talk about what we've been playing we give you the opportunity to appear on a future episode. "How?!" I hear you scream out loud. Well be sure to be paying attention after this week's music section for more details.

Rob's been playing Drive Club and Bloodborne for the first time; Gareth's completed Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain; and Don's been playing the exact same game that he's been playing for over an entire year non-stop... We can only apologise.

Interesting fact about the number 84: It takes Uranus 84 years to orbit the sun once. You learn something new every week when you listen to the Gamecentral Podcast!

Get in touch with us on Twitter @Gamebanter, or send us an email at Podcast@Gamebanter.co.uk to get involved with the show!

(Right-click the file and select "Save as" to download it, or left-click to listen in your browser)

Gamecentral Podcast: Episode 84 - Little Donkey

Page 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next 10 Entries »